Yellow - Expert FlatLink E Winch Recovery Hook
Eliminate the conventional winch hook and replace it with a safer and stronger Expert FlatLink E shackle in safety Yellow.
The large pear shaped shackle mounting hole allows for attachment to either the pin or bow end of common screw pin shackle, as well as common OEM recovery points. This makes the new FlatLink E more versatile than the current FlatLink design, but it also adds the possibility of a dangerous shackle side loading conditions, especially during momentary slack conditions.
For the recreational off roader we highly recommend the safer standard FlatLink product, not the FlatLink E. This way the winch operator does not have to monitor whether the shackle may have shifted and rotated in the recovery tackle. The FlatLink E is only available in the Military Specification Anodizing (Mil-A-8625 F Type III) hard anodized grey finish.
Conventional winch hooks can cut and fray recovery straps and often allow strap ends to escape during momentary slack cycles of a typical winching recovery. Screw pin shackles do not allow strap loops to escape due to the secure screw pin attachment. The Expert FlatLink does not require splicing and is compatible with steel cables or synthetic ropes up to 3/8 inches in diameter. The cable eye is retained in the FlatLink by a 5/8 inch diameter grade 5 steel double shear pin and internal snap ring. It is installed easily in minutes. The EPDM Rubber Guards protect alloy fairleads and are securely attached to the Expert FlatLink E with 4 barbed tips.
The FlatLink stows neatly against either roller or Hawse type fairleads and is designed to be used with common 3/4 inch shackles. MADE IN THE USA, the FlatLink is constructed of 6000 series billet aluminium and is anodized/powder coated in 5 different colours.
- Precision machined from 6000 series aluminium
- Compatible with all roller fairlead license plate mounting brackets
- When folded flat – less than 1.75 inches of thickness
- Weight – 23 ounces
- Max load rating : 16,000 pounds
- Ultimate failure : greater than 40,000 pounds
- Fits steel cables and synthetic winch ropes to 3/8 inch diameters
- EPDM Rubber Guard protects alloy fairleads and cushions line stowage.
- Simple snap ring removal for shear pin.
- Fits common 3/4 shackles/D-Rings
- Eliminates hook rattle and fairlead damage.
Add to order options:
- Factor 55 Synthetic Rope Spool - #F55-MED-SRS
- Factor 55 Flat Link Rope Guards and Rivits - #F55-FLRG
Note = when ordering online 1 x purchase = 1 x Safety yellow Expert Flatlink recovery hook.
USA and Foreign Patents Pending